This was just the additional information to thoes whom i lready spoken about Fresh Water Watch.
I discussed the following points with my friends.
- Americans now use 127 percent more water than we did in 1950.
- About 95 percent of the water entering our homes goes down the drain.
- Running the tap while brushing your teeth can waste 4 gallons of water.
- Older toilets can use 3 gallons of clean water with every flush, while new toilets use as little as 1 gallon.
- Leaky faucets that drip at the rate of one drop per second can waste up to 2,700 gallons of water each year.
- A garden hose or sprinkler can use almost as much water in an hour as an average family of four uses in one day.
- A water-efficient dishwasher will use as little a 4 gallons per wash cycle, whereas some older models use up to 13 gallons per cycle.
- Some experts estimate that more than 50 percent of landscape water use goes to waste due to evaporation or runoff caused by over-watering.
- Many people in the world exist on 3 gallons of water per day or less. We can use that amount in one flush of the toilet.
- Over a quarter of all the clean, drinkable water you use in your home is used to flush the toilets.
Estimate number of attendees: